Monday, March 14, 2005

Where Is Aimee Allen?

Whoa, I've been busy busy the past few days. It involves grout and caulk. Anyhoo... back to the blog.

Anybody remember the TV show Birds of Prey? I remember hearing the theme song and thinking <surfer>"Dude, bonus!"</surfer> So I googled and discovered Aimee Allen. <surfer>"Bonus!"</surfer> I wanted to hear more Aimee, but wait! Her album wasn't released yet. So I waited. And waited. And waaaaaited. It's been a few years and still no album. <surfer>"Dude, bogus."</surfer> I don't know why her label is sitting on the album; I think she's getting screwed over.

I've been visiting Aimee's official sites for news, AimeeAllen.com and The Scott and Aimee Project, but no love. I've been searching the net but nothing. It's like she dropped of the face of the earth. If anybody knows something, anything, leave a comment, let us know.

In the meantime, you can download some legal mp3's from Ozone Recording. You can get more mp3's here, kinda iffy legally. Be sure to check out "In The Sun". Is muy bueno.

6 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

The album was originally to be released through Elektra, a few years ago. Then the label dropped her. The album though completed was never released.

Shortly thereafter, aimee was said to be working on a new recording for independent release... but that has now been something like 2 years in the making.

I wish I could tell you more, but i've lost touch with her myself. She's a great talent, and an amazing person. -JRV

11:40 AM, March 17, 2005  
Blogger Joe said...

The album was originally to be released through Elektra, a few years ago. Then the label dropped her. The album though completed was never released.

Shortly thereafter, aimee was said to be working on a new recording for independent release... but that has now been something like 2 years in the making.

I wish I could tell you more, but i've lost touch with her myself. She's a great talent, and an amazing person. -JRV

11:41 AM, March 17, 2005  
Blogger Ted said...

Yeah, I've learned as much searching via Google. Just have to wait and see.

11:57 PM, March 17, 2005  
Blogger Joe said...

yeah, we shall see.

although, I have been enjoying the cd myself for a few years now :)

4:28 PM, March 18, 2005  
Anonymous Chris said...

Ok here's the story of Aimee Allen put in short. Joe is right, but i have more info. Aimee's other "independent release", I'm almost positive isnt coming out, along with I'D Start a Revolution. But she is now working with Scott Russo of Unwritten Law on a CD called "Sitting In a Tree". This CD includes remixes of her a few of her songs: Good Times, Silence is Violence, I'm Not Youre Girlfriend, and In The Sun. That Album is schelduled to come out any time now (March and April 2006). They have two sites, www.scottandaimee.com and www.myspace.com/scottandaimee .

8:01 PM, March 24, 2006  
Blogger Ted said...

Hmmm. About the middle of April now. Nothing yet.

6:40 PM, April 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home